i wonder how many people im in the “id be down if you asked” zone with
Film Meme - (4/7) Directors- Park Chan-Wook
I don`t feel enjoyment watching films that evoke passivity. If you need that kind of comfort, I don’t understand why you wouldn’t go to a spa. In our lives, we have good things and bad things, happiness and pain. Life is full of pain and happiness and that’s what I wanted to show.
Here’s my process for the Kaguya Hime illustration.
Near the the end, there were a few things bugging me that I fixed:
I realized the moon and stars were taking all the focus of the image, so I shrunk the moon, and got rid of about 80 percent of the stars. The moon is a big part of the story, but Kaguya Hime is the main character, and this is her final moment, so I wanted the focus to be more on her, not on the sky.
I brought the warm colors to the front and the cool colors to the back to bring the foreground forward.
I balanced out the hills a bit more to help them frame the focus (Kaguya), rather than just be a bunch of neat hills in the distance with no purpose.
One of my biggest insecurities is my stretch marks. After I had my son I was covered in them. It’s been over two years and the deep gashes have made no progress on disappearing.
So in an attempt to try to not hate them (and myself) as much, here they are.
Women are incredible
omg they’re gorgeous!
wow!!! human bodies are so beautiful, and this one is especially <3 I love the lines, I think they look like tree bark or vines *o*
If you didn’t have stretch marks your skin would have just ripped apart. That goes for pregnancy or growth spurts or putting on more muscle. It’s a natural function of your skin to do this thing when it has to stretch farther than it is elastic. It’s AMAZING that your body can do that. Try stretching a piece of paper farther than it is elastic!
How to make guests uncomfortable in your home
This is the single greatest thing I have ever seen.
this is why the world is beautiful, maybe its just me but i find this cool as fuck
"Your kid says hi." -The sun
“It’s said if you venture into the ionil’s domain, if the moment is just right and the precise order of cake and wine have been left at the Not!Twin Gods’ alter, then you will hear a distant, haunting call, a murmuring whisper on the winds…
*****”you little shits”*****
Here is a short list of a few of the hundreds of examples of the media intentionally manipulating the public to support Israel’s recent offensive against Palestinians
July 24, 2014
- CNN journalist re-assigned from the region after tweeting that Israelis celebrating the death of civilians were scum.
- NBC journalist re-assigned after reporting too honestly on the situation on-the-ground.
- FOX News putting images of Gaza reduced to rubble with captions indicating (falsely) that it is damage done to Israel inflicted by Palestinian rockets. (image attached)
- The New York Times changing the headline about four children playing on the beach being killed by Israel to something that is intentionally vague/ambiguous.
- Diane Sawyer misidentifying photos of Palestinians in the conflict, claiming they are Israelis.
- MSNBC contributor Rula Jebreal calling out the network bias toward Israel and then having her TV appearances canceled as repercussion.
- Unfair coverage from the BBC which was protested widely across the UK.Please reblog or message with additions as you see/think of them and I will edit with the additions. I am sure we can create quite a large list of examples.
America’s major news channels can’t afford to take a side, the second we say that Israel is scum (which they are) we have a whole new set of problems on our hands that we can’t afford, you know with us currently still involved in hopeless Afghanistan and what looks to be WWIII looming on the horizon. Israel being an ally of the US for decades has brought all sorts of problems for us, and this is just the latest of those problems. There’s not a single (logical) American soul that doesn’t cry out for help for the hundreds being killed, but the crazy times are instilling fear into Americans that maybe those same shells will be dropped on our schools and our children.
I’m afraid you misunderstand the situation. The U.S. isn’t afraid of Israel’s military power. The U.S. created Israel’s military power and uses it as a foothold in the region to further acts of imperialism/domination (mostly for oil). The U.S. gives Israel 3 billion dollars every year in military aid to that end. That’s $8,219,178 every. single. day. (x)